Forms for Admission and Visits
- Admissions Application
- Recommendation Form (K-1)
- Recommendation Form (2-8)
- Request for Information Form (2-8)
Next Steps Following a Visit
1. Apply – An admissions file is opened once we receive a completed application and the $75 fee. The following forms, accessible above, are required to complete an application: Admissions Application Form, Recommendation Form, and Request for Information Form (grades 2-8).
2. Evaluate – Upon receipt of the Admission Forms, we will schedule a student assessment.
3. Interview – After the student assessment, we will schedule a parent interview.
- Read chapter 2 of When Children Love to Learn. This book outlines the ideas of Charlotte Mason (1842-1923), an English author, philosopher and educator, as the basis of Ambleside School’s method of education. Copies are available in the school office for $15, for purchase online, or you may obtain a copy from your local library.
- We ask that both parents (or legal guardians) participate in the interview.
4. Admittance or Non-Admittance – Upon successful completion of the application, student assessment, recommendation forms, and parent interview, you will receive notification of admission. If accepted, secure your child’s space by mailing the completed parent covenant and $400 enrollment fee, which is applied against next year’s tuition.
- Applicants whose files are completed by February 1st will receive letters of admittance or non-admittance by March 1st.
- After February 1st, qualified applicants will be considered based on space availability.
- If no space is available, students will be placed on a waiting list.
For questions, call the school office at 703-430-4034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.